Read Me / MABF


Last night I had the privilege of attending the preview night for NGV's Melbourne Art Book Fair. If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen be jabbering (and still jabbering, quite frankly) about this event. Basically, in a nut shell, it hosts a whole lotta emerging and established publishers, artists, writers and designers. Visitors are able to browse through artists' books, catalogues, monographs and other cool publications all in one place. 

MABF also features free talks, forums and performances which all fit so nicely with the cool cardboard architecture all throughout the fair. So, tomorrow is the last chance for you to stroll along to the NGV to have a good skim through some of the coolest books ever. Just take a peek at these photos:





ft. my sister







Currently I'm sitting at my desk, admiring all the postcards, magazines and posters I picked up from yesterday and boy, is it enough to make the little art lover/postcard fanatic in me to jump up and down with glee. There is just something so special about art in print and by being surrounded by the vast number of books with such life and soul makes me and my (not so) inner nerd oh so happy. 

Until next time,
Maggie xx




No comments

Post a Comment

© The Misfitted

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig